Task Manager Disabled By Administrator
This is a common problem that people face these days and is often accompanied by strange error messages. If you are getting the same kind of problem I request you to check your system thoroughly and scan it with an anti virus software.
This is how it looks like:
Always remember that formatting your system OS should be the last solution that one should opt for. There are various levels of dealing with these kind of problems:
THE MINOR LEVEL: At this level, task manager disabled problem can be solved by modification in the registry. The cause might be the accidental modification of registry by some annoying programs.
There are various methods to deal with this problem at this level:
Click Start, Run, and then copy paste this command into it:
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Change Task Manager settings by a .reg file,
1. Open notepad and copy paste the following code in it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
2. Save this notepad file as taskmanager.reg and open it.
If the above two methods don’t work then your system might have been affected by either a virus, trojan, or spyware. No need to worry you can follow method 2 to resolute this problem.
THE MAJOR LEVEL:
Please download the following three software :
1. Download Process explorer, Click here to download.
2. Download HijackThis, Click Here to download.
3. Download RRT Tool, Click Here to download.
Follow these steps:
- Extract and run processexplorer.exe , on the left corner if the process explorer window you will see all the processes running on your system arranged in a tree format.
- Watch under the explorer.exe branch, if u see any process that has the icon of a folder under the explorer.exe branch, Shift-Delete that process.
- Now Open HijackThis Tool, It will ask What would u like to do? Select the button Do a system scan and save a log file.
- After doing this you will get a list, select anything that looks suspicious to you, But Be Careful as wrong selection can also delete other important programs from your system.
- Select the suspicious items and click Fix Checked Button, it will permanently remove those suspicious items.
- Finally, run the RRT tool and wait till it automatically detects restrictions present on your system and then click remove restrictions and reboot your system.
After rebooting scan your system with an updated anti virus software. If the above mentioned methods does not solve your problem then system format is the final solution.